Sunday, February 7, 2010

From Firm Pinch to Never-ending Pain

Have you ever play paintball before? Those counter-strike aspirant sport where you shoot and shoot till all of your opponents are proclaim dead; in this case covered with paint. I had actually watched a few friendly tournament in my university but I never participate in any of it; that was until today where I actually played five rounds of paintball with some of the KDU folks (I haven’t had chance to know them in person, not even their name but I’m sure I shoot down a few of them).

Well, the rules are really simple, once you being marked with paint, you’re out. That’s when you need to raise both your hands with the marker (gun) on your head and walk slowly to the corner of the field. I advised you to run because you might ‘kena’ a few shots if you take your honeymoon sweet time to the corner. The bullet is typically some oil-based paint wrapped with thin layer of rubber, so when it ‘kena’ your body it explode; and the next thing you know, you’re covered in poster-colour-smell-like paint. It feel like a firm pinch if you ‘kena’ from an appropriate distance. Except if it’s a short distance shot, then be prepared for the worst scenario: bruise and bleeding. So normally to avoid that, when you’re in a short distance (as in half a meter away), you just point the marker at your opponent and shouted “You’re out!” and he/she ‘pandai-pandai’ walk to the corner la. That’s all in the rules book (I don’t know whether it exist or not but that was what I told by the instructor; 'kena' cheated kot).

Nevertheless, there’s once when I point my marker to a girl who doesn't realize that I sneaked out from right wing and say out the magic word “Slowly put down your gun. You’re out!” she actually scream for a while and turn back to shoot me for almost half of her ammo. Walau! Play cheat one, ‘kena’ my hand some more. Hand leh, not protected part leh, it does feel like a firm pinch; just that it’s from the Hulks. The Hulks leh! Pain to the max till my hand doesn’t feel a thing for a time; she violated the rules but no one seems to care: "Lu bo shoot wa, wa bo die, bo die!!". Which part of no short distance firing she doesn’t understand. Kesian my hand only. That was the last time I use that magic word.

One thing that I don’t understand is they provide us mask, thick army shirt and even army pants but where is the cock protection? You know just in case there’s some sharp sniper in the game who has a huge grudge on you; you never know whether it’s the paintball or your ball that explode. I was trying to protect ‘him’ all the way and even had this crazy idea to wear a mask there, but since I always ‘kena’ headshot; better don’t. You laugh? Don’t play play! My thigh also ‘kena’ a few times, even my ear which supposes to be protected also ‘kena’.

Nonetheless, it’s not that bad after minus out the bruises, pain and money. Overall it’s worth as we always heard of it but never been in the game before. At least I got thing to ‘blow water’ (talk about) next time when I’m out of topic.

Better take a shower now, the stain and smell of the paint is so ewwww… Ciao!


5 comments:

Yee Lin said...

bruises all over my body! well i guess each and everyone of us brought some souveniers bck home...^^

Anonymous said...

tat " wa bo die" is..... pei ing???? =='''??


wei leng

MellyMonkeys said...

lolz..not pei ing, she didn't come, you also! PSP!

Anonymous said...

lol... then is who??? XD



~wei leng~

MellyMonkeys said...

some KDU girl ;-)
if you join us then you'll know for sure

Melly Monkey's Chat Box