Friday, May 22, 2009

A Stay in UUM


*fire extinguisher : belows are just my personal thoughts and I sincerely apologize if there's any wrong in words and informations.

Due to MASUM (Majlis Sukan Universiti Malaysia/ Malaysia University Sport Council); an inter university sports event, I had the opportunity to stay a week in UUM; the first university I ever stayed other than my own university. Well back there in my own university, I had been listening to complains about my university that the facilities there are so bad if compare to cave; the cave is like some five stars hotel. It happens so frequent, that it has become a routine for my university students to complain every now and then. It’s always been the facilities problems specifically the Internet services.

To me, my university students should be glad of the services and facilities provided in my university. Yes it’s not the best thing one university can provide. It’s always moderate in every service provided and some even say near the edge of bad status at all the time; that’s because we still being unconscious of how lucky we are. Try come to other university for instance like *cough* UUM *cough*. Then you’ll be thankful of the entire thing we had.

Let’s talk about the room, two beds in one room just like my university, nothing different huh? Dont't say that early. I cannot blame this university because it’s an old university, therefore the facilities and tools here should be quite aged and spider webbed. And due to its historical value, there are constantly new students coming in and out; and some with too much creativity. That’s why there is lots of graffiti on the wall, on the table, in the closet and even on the bed. Yes freaking graffiti on the bed (which ended up looking like some murder scene on the bed, it almost freak us out as one of the bed here is stained with red paint as in blood). I cannot say that my university provides the best, but at least we do have a clean bed, a wider table, and a brighter environment. Oh! Did I tell you that UUM hostel is gloomy all the time? Yes it is.


Maybe for those who are fond of campus life, UUM is the most preferable selection; the university here is too big, till I’m afraid of walking out at night. Getting lost is just as simple as 123 in UUM as it looks like a puzzle to me. Yes, you can meet a lot of friends here because you simply got to walk around this university if you ever want to get to your class, library, mart or toilet. I’m no kidding; you have to walk a long distance just to get to the toilet. And it’s a public toilet; meaning people share the toilet with you. I'm already tired of hearing complaints like, five person sharing two bathrooms is already a big issue in my university. What if I say, in UUM, there are more than twenty peoples sharing three bathrooms?

The most common problem in my university is the Internet service. Too slow, too many banned website and software, limited Internet usage and bla bla bla. My dear university students, if you want to online here, there are only two ways; one is you being lucky to get a room near the wireless router (which are two or three room of the entire block) and two is you walking a long distance to the student hall. Yes undeniably, their Internet is fast, no banned website and software, and not even limited Internet usage. But what’s the point of that, if there are only lucky few who get to online while others sitting there watching this few lucky bastard surfing the Internet?

Peoples tend not to be grateful for what they had and unaware of how lucky they are, not till they experience the reality. If you are lucky enough to realize it sooner, you will still be able to cherish it once again; but for most of the cases, it’s always too late to do that.

Eventually you will lose him because you never cherish him.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hye..
good info..thanx..
so which university are u in now?

Damn Nations said...

Yup.. you've got the worse room lah.. there's a lot more awesome room in UUM.. don't judge the entire university with one look.. Now UUM student can even get internet access through out campus. Even in room.. New furniture for every room.. Well it's not THAT bad.. just for your info.. I'm Not UUM student..

MellyMonkeys said...

haha, that was last two years post, I believe they sure improved somehow. Anyhow, that was merely based on my visit last time. I'm not saying that every UUM room is bad, I'm just sharing what I observed. :) Cheers!

dyry said...

replica bags wholesale india replica bags in delhi replica bags online

Melly Monkey's Chat Box