Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 1: Internship

This is something that I must blog, my first day being a trainee in Texchem Polymers. For those of you who is not familiar with Texchem Group, think of Sushi Kin, think of Fumakilla, think of Seamaster and a few other small company; and all together *voila* that’s our Texchem Group; quite a ‘rojak’ company if you ask me. Texchem Group is divided into a few…mistake: not few, HELL LOTS of divisions such as Family Care Division, Food Division, Packing Division and a few others which I can’t remember (can’t help, too many). Anyhow I don’t think you guys will be interested in my company background. Well then let’s talk about my first day of work in Texchem Polymer.

My first day of internship, should be quite relaxing; that’s what I thought and just to confirm: I did text a few friends of mine. Most of them are still in orientation session, some sitting there waiting for lunch but for me; that’s a whole different story. For starter, fifteen minutes after my first day of work, I received a 900 pages book and a pile of journal about biopolymer: starch-based-polymer from my supervisor. Yes! Those starch that we consume every day.

There’s a reason why I choose physic class rather than biology class, yes partly because I suck at it and yes partly because I can’t bear myself slaughtering some small helpless animal but that’s not the point; above all and all, I hate memorizing.
My mum want me to be a doctor, but I told my mum if I be one, the only way I’m going to make my living is by selling MC (medical certificate) because there's no way I can pass any test that required memorizing skill. Frankly speaking, I can't even memorize my own car plate number. Yes! That's how bad my memory is. Physic on the other hand is totally a different story; it’s more to application rather than just memorizing. Nonetheless we do need to memorize sometimes but like what my professor said: “the easiest way to memorize in physic is by derivation”. From one statement, we can derive it to another; that’s the power of physic.

Back to my first day as trainee, I thought internship is all about practical: handling machine, checking stockpile, dealing with client and so and so; and during internship reading is history; especially journal reading which I hate the most but I was wrong BIG TIME. I got an assignment on my first day of work; my supervisor asked me to do a small research (more like literature review) on starch polymer. Those thing I thought that I may escape once I jump out of university all came back to haunt me; journal reading, report writing, research and examination. Yes! Freaking examination, no kidding; they’ll conduct a short theory test to test my knowledge on the machine used (DSC, TGA, DMA, Tensile, Extruder). I guess my internship life is no different than my university life, except for the fact that I must wake up earlier and there’s no way I can skip my working day.

Today is a hellish day, as I only able to sleep for three hours; thanks to my nocturnal lifestyle, I slept at 3am; wake up at 6am. That’s only three hours of nap and the rest I have no choice but to cover back at work which is totally not-etiquette. I had been falling asleep for so many times in my company, that surely leave a bad impression on my first day I guess.

But that is only the first day of work, many things can happen in 6 months time. One thing for sure, the people there are extremely welcoming and friendly; God Bless.

Well then I guess it’s time to doze now, take care guys!

5 comments:

Jen said...

wow, your internship started really early.. mine'll start in january. must enjoy christmas first! =) all the best!

MellyMonkeys said...

no choice, uni say start at DEC. You enjoy your x'mas, new year and CNY only start also not too late =)

intern where by the way?

Anonymous said...

*you dissect little animals and slaughter in whole pigs or cow ect.. All the best in working eh. it's a whole different experience I believe. i linked you at my sidebar ready.

Angeline

MellyMonkeys said...

dissect sounds too polite, slaughter on the other hand is a whole different story: CRUELTY to MAX; anyway MLMB is never about proper English..as long as it entertain-able!

adidas nmd said...

adidas nmd r1
michael kors handbags sale
lacoste outlet
longchamp
yeezy boost
kobe sneakers
fitflops clearance
air jordan

Melly Monkey's Chat Box