Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Write Stuff


Few words: V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N and I need it so badly. A mini escape from work sound just so fine.


Coming to such extent, it is neither about keeping readers nor making pocket money anymore. To be frank, this post was supposed to be uploaded few weeks ago but it was left idling till now. One thing for sure is I can’t give commitment to blogging anymore. It’s ironic how desperate I am to chase customer cycle time each day and how reckless I could to abandon blogging. Well, life has to go on.

I always thought life is a bit of work and fun but turn out I was wrong. Life is a bit of fun but mostly overlapped by work. Put simply, life first priority goes to making money. So if you’re a smart one, look for a job that you really interested in. I was lucky enough to have a job related to writing; well, in such a way. In such a way though…

It started in childhood, when I developed the bad habits of passing or rather throwing notes to friends in the middle of class. But this writing never lasts long because at some point people just throw without writing. Then the computer and internet come along with their email, this has totally changed the whole perspective of writing. Writing is not only limited to paper, ink and pen anymore. But internet only available for the rich, so email is a big NO for me at that time. Some years later, my parent bought me a mobile phone; a bulky Nokia 3310. But back then the calling rate was extremely expensive so most of the time we only able to text or SMS. Come to think of it, I never complaint to text; in fact I love texting because it is more expressive than speaking. Those day I could stay awake in the middle of the night just to wait for a reply. That was how obsessed I'm to writing.

In my early university years, I decided to step in for blogging. I was writing about my daily routine for a year; both in cheers and flames. But it wasn’t till the third year, when more and more people discovered my blog and eventually I start getting question like “Blog updated?” from anonymous; I'd really feel like a newspaper editor at some time. Haha. Writing actually kept me from falling asleep and through writing I know a few more friends. And whenever I feel like sleeping at work, I open up my mailbox and happily replying emails. Of course, not all mails are happy one. The one I found happy to reply to so far is to my friends. The customer mails are normally not so friendly one; occasionally you will find some amusing one too.

From blogging about daily routine turning to monthly routine and it won’t be long before it turns to quarterly routine. Usually, I only write when I have something in mind but for the past few months I just let this something slip passed my mind. Before I knew it, I totally forget about it. Then I realize, I need to jot it down in my notepad. When I open my notepad today, it is an accumulation of keywords and frankly speaking, I don’t even know where to start with. So I decided to write a new one today.

As I said earlier, life first priority is working and when you work from nine to five, the only time left for you is to recharge. Sadly, blogging is not one of the recharging agenda. Once again, coming to such extent it is neither about keeping readers nor making pocket money anymore. I still blog because I love writing.

Thank you and best regards.


Melly Monkey's Chat Box