Thursday, January 31, 2013

Another Year


Few words: Listen, listen, listen...and I knew she has no idea what she about to say. Animals' problem, Pffft!
 
So… the Mayans were wrong about the end of world, which is totally a good thing and life move on to 2013.

……

Craps! I’m totally clueless on what to write after few months of not writing. If that's the case, I’ll just scribble down whatever on my mind then. Speaking of 2013, it's that joyous time to dump your old girlfriend calender and start a new one. Am I the only one that feel the clock ticks faster last year (by the way Happy New Year) and as cliché as it sounds, a brand new year do need a brand new resolution. Hereby, I’ll list down my 2013 NY resolutions.

1. Delay no more
 
Recently a friend of mine asked me to recommend her place to have seafood in Sitiawan. With a hidden motive of promoting my blog, I asked her to refer to my blog. But she later complains that she couldn’t find any in my blog. To my surprise, I even checked it myself and (gasp) she is right; no seafood post to be found anywhere in my blog. You see, I have visited most of the famous eateries in Perak but I had hang fire my blog post for quite some time until one point I wasn't sure whether it is uploaded or not. But the last time I checked, there was at least 1GB worth of photos in my Dropbox pending for me to blog. My friends whom at first rushed me to blog were eventually given up. So my first 2013 resolution is to try to blog at least 50% of my current Dropbox content.
 
And also more food hunt this year. Maybe also to blog a bit bout Ipoh underrated makan place (eateries).

2. Stop comparing
 
I considered myself as a fairly competitive guy. One thing bad about competitiveness is you will try to compare everything. I had been doing that a lot for a very long time but at one point I started to feel pointless. Face it, a sedan car can never outrace a sport car and the same apply to comparison. The more you compare, the more ‘pariah’ (inferior) you become; for the reason, you’re forcing yourself to become a sport-car-wanna-be. Eventually I learned that rather to force myself to become something I’m not belong to, I choose to remain who I am. If you know you can’t beat a sport car on straight road, why not try changing the course? After all, it worth a try.

3. Start with what you hate
 
Despite I play basketball on regular basis, many didn’t know that I actually hate doing cardiovascular (hereafter refer as cardio) exercise. I’m quite a gym rat myself but I never once spent more than 15 minutes on treadmill, cycling or rowing because I couldn’t understand the fun part of cardio exercise - I mean like running without purpose or rowing without goal. But when I found out that my body fat rocketing with high cholesterol on the verge of attack, I knew I have to do something with my gym routine. So I started to jog and today marks one month of me jogging before lifting weight in gym.

4. On-time
 
My life was a mess - waking up in the afternoon and sleeping early in the morning had totally compromised my lifestyle. Just imagine having dinner at 11pm or so. Nonetheless, I’m actually pretty comfortable with this lifestyle until my skin start giving me signal to stop my current lifestyle. That rang another bell in 2012. Hence in 2013, I vow to sleep on time – maximum tolerance by 1 am. *crossfinger*

5. Spare time for what I like
 
I may not be the most religious person on earth, but I figured if God give us a two sided brain with each to play and to work respectively, it will be utmost sinful if we only know how to work. In 2013, I vow to spend more time on what I like – play a new song with my guitar, shoot more with my camera, finish a latest PSP game and hell yes blog more. Also, an oversea vacation would be great too – sometimes you just need a break to take care of other things important in life.

6. Be initiative
 
The first time I am being initiative, my superior ask me to see him in his office. You see, when you were working as a team, being initiative to customer simply equal to suicide for your team. That was the last time I being initiative. Fast forward to 2013, this time I’m not working as a team but more on a one-man-mission. I guess I would like to be initiative this year, at least to me, initiative means I’m able to reach my goal one step closer each time.

7. World Peace
 
Every resolution has one. Seriously, Miss World does it all the time.

As much as NY resolutions motivate one to achieve certain goals instead of wasting his/her 12 months doing nothing fancy in that particular year. There is one inevitable fact that we will most probably look back at our resolution list by the end of 2013 with a sorrow face and bucketful of remorse for not completing even half of them. 
 
Well, don’t worry! Just add them to your next year resolution list. That is the main reason people always have resolution every years. After all, I almost squeezed my brain out just to come out with 7 resolutions this year. It will be a big help to make up the number really.


3 comments:

IvanWong said...

Brudder senior, nice blog.

Can senior add me in facebook, search Ivan Wong... you'll see one in Unimap. haha..


wanna ask some questions/advice... on further studies.. if it's not too... disturb u la. haha

btw. good read.

MellyMonkeys said...

You can always pm me via fb. Cheers!

MellyMonkeys said...

Reading back my 2013 resolutions, I can actually bring forward these resolutions to many years to come. And I'm currently reading it in 2014. LOL!

Melly Monkey's Chat Box