Thursday, April 2, 2009

YES IMT-GT!


I had not been updating my blog for a long time; SORRY I had been busy lately!

The reason I had not been able to update my blog is not that I’m lack of ideas, not that my computer die on me, not that I’m sick and definitely not that I’m bored with blogging (never!). Many do wonder and many do worry, what can keep Mels busy? Girls? Money? Online game?

Nay! It was the 11th IMT-GT VARSITY CARNIVAL 2009; for short IMT-GT which stand for Indonesia Malaysia Thailand Growth Triangle. For Perlis people, I’m hell sure that you guys are familiar with it; not because it’s grand, not because it’s international but it’s because posters and banners are everywhere in Perlis; on top of that, Perlis is just so small that rumors spread three times faster and kepohness factor do contribute a lot in spreading rumors.

IMT-GT is a sport carnival first held in 2005 with just a few universities involve, the game they played are merely football and badminton. Now IMT-GT has grow into a well recognize international friendly tournament. International leh! No need be Malaysia representative but still can get international certificate leh! And coincidentally, my university is the host for this time.

Yes I was in the basketball team for the very first time; I mean as part of my university athlete for the very first time. Inspired by the movie YESMAN, I agree on joining the basketball team. I had been refuse to join the team because I really hate training and ahead of that, I don’t like coming back to train during my holidays. But heck! Thanks to YESMAN. This is the very first YES I made and somehow I feel that I’d made the right choice. Well, I just wanted to see what I can get if I joins the team; and the outcome is something more than I expected; in a good sense la.

For the very first YES I made, I get an international certificate; worth right?

For the very first YES I made, I get IMT-GT limited version goodies bag with a polo tee, a normal tee, a jacket, a long pants, a bag (duh! which part of goodies BAG that you don’t understand), a cap and a nametag; worth right?

For the very first YES I made, I obtain payment to play basketball. I mean how often do we get paid for the sport that we like? Once in a million, and I get paid leh like those NBA players leh; worth right?

For the very first YES I made, I get to be more confident in my game. I’m sure if some of my hometown buddies who knew me, they will realize the different in my basketball play; to be honest, I don’t have the stamina to chase the ball anymore and I don’t have the courage to jump forward doing my stuff anymore; score or not is nothing important, what matter is the courage. I mean if I don’t score, I’ll run all the way back to defend; that’s all. At least, I have the guts to perform my skill and post a threat to my opponent. But for the past two years, I barely do that. And because of this tournament, I regain a bit of my confident and I did some jumping forward in the match; something that I never been able to do for a long time. For this, it alone already worth all the pain and sweat I put in this IMT-GT.

For the very first YES I made, I made a handful of friends; friends that I never chat with, friends that I had no reason to be friends with and friends that I rarely know them. Nevertheless, this IMT-GT provides me a huge platform to know them more, to make more friends and to understand them more; friends from other universities, friends from Thailand, friends from Indonesia and friends from my own university. Teasing me for making air ball or simply I teasing them for making air ball do strengthen our friendship and I’m okay with that as long as you don’t keep on repeating it over and over again. Heh.

Overall, it’s a worth saying YES. Damn you YESMAN, you really are something.


1 comment:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box