Monday, June 22, 2009

Living de Red Wine

By now you’ll have heard that red wine in moderation helps protect against heart disease, but the healing benefits don’t stop there. Some says it help in controlling the cholesterol level as well.

That’s all the science about red wine. I maybe still new to this red wine stuff but no matter what you’re taking whether it’s beer or stout, gin or tonic, red or white wine, vodka or whiskey, rum or sake; it’s the same thing. If it comes to tasting or enjoying, we never talk about the science but we talk about the art of it instead. I’m pretty sure many do wonder now, what this guy is crapping about; then please give me your next few minutes for me to explain.

The science is all about the figure, the theory, the safety precaution, the physic, the chemistry and it’s all about the statistical value. We somehow need a precise calculation and a powerful theory before we can really take pleasure in something. Won’t that a bit troublesome? It’s just a red wine!!

The art on the other hand is all about the feeling and the non-scientific judgment. To fully enjoy something, sometimes we really need to abandon the physic or the law of the world. I mean the gravity still applies, but when it’s art; even gravity sometimes need to be ignored. Just imagine the delicate aroma and refreshingly uplifting taste of the red wine; and get drunk after a few dozen. What’s the science in that? What’s wrong with every red wine lover? Get high but you might get puke after that. Why? Just because they feel right, that’s already worth all the pain and puke.

Red wine; I really don’t know how to relish this dry-blood-like-drink. It’s dry, a bit sour, alcoholic and red in color. Frankly speaking, I really don’t know how to enjoy this red wine. I still remember when the first time I purchase a bottle of red wine but to my foolishness I didn’t purchase the opener. That’s why I had a tough time fighting with the bottle all night. And once again to my foolishness, I didn’t let it open for a period of time so that the red wine can ‘breathe’. I just take it spontaneously and with all the gases, it makes me dizzy BIG TIME. Silly huh? But I enjoy it, seriously.

Art; something that we cannot understand, only people whom truly in love with it able to appreciate. I may still don’t understand what’s the science and art behind this wine. Nevertheless I think I really fall in love with this drink. It’s sour now but I’m sure it’ll be sweeter later. That’s red wine; and it coincidentally has something to do with my life now. Life is like a red wine; it’s sour, but if you can appreciate the art of it; it’ll be sweet.

Science is indeed important, without science there’ll be no improvement in our life. However, if one really wanted to enjoy his/her life; he/she sometimes need to abandon this statistical value. Treat life as an art subject, forget about the physic; just let your feeling and instinct lead you. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your life to the maximum if you can dump all the scientific worries aside.

I have already started to appreciate red wine; as well as my life and my love.

Have you?

No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box