Saturday, June 27, 2009

Three Pink Roses

There are many reasons to give a flower; there are millions more reason why it’s a must for a man to give his loved one flowers. I don’t quite understand why this state of affair can crop up. I just don’t understand why guys can chuck away his entire ego and his pride; to march across the street with a bouquet of flower?

Let’s walk down the memory lane, back to the mankind history; the emperor, the king, the ruler is by and large a man. This simply means that their pride, their ego, their dignity and their honor is supposed to be above anyone else. The bottom line is they’re on top of the world (at least they think so) and anyone who try to get on top of them usually doesn’t have any good ending. These man kill and conquer cold-bloodedly without any tears and sympathy; indeed cruel and pitiless men. Do you think that they’ll give flower to their loved one? No way!

Nonetheless why does King Shah Jahan build Taj Mahal for his favourite wife, Mumtaz Mahal? Then why do some emperors of China sacrifice their throne for their wife? Then somehow I realize even these top-of-the-world man sometimes show their soft side; the caring and the loving side. No doubt, even king need love and of course showing love to their loved one is already part of their duties; men duties.

Okay, back to the reality; today is indeed a very special day for me. I’m thinking to do something out of the ordinary; something which I never done before; something what a typical gentleman will do. Coincidentally my Cameron Highland aunt comes to visit. As usual with her Cameron Highland’s fruits and vegetables; but today with something extras: ROSES!! I smiled.

Now getting her a flower is already on top of my list. I begged my aunt for the roses; three pink roses to be exact because three roses bring deeper meaning than millions of roses. I had been wrapping, decorating and involved in a lot of flower arrangement activities; but this is the very first time I’m really doing it for myself. I’m already twenty one but this is the first time I’m giving flower to someone. Yes I know, I had been saying that giving flower to girl is a silly thing, just a waste of money and bla bla bla; but let me be silly for once: today.

Giving her the flower is actually not the toughest thing to do. Walking it down the street with a bouquet of flowers is the real nightmare of all man. People tend to stare at you for so long that your every step seems so weighty and your every movement had become so stiff, that you seem like marching instead of walking. Not only that, every now and then you can actually listen to people’s chuckles, giggles and maybe some people calling you Mister Romantic on the way. Being the only guy holding a bouquet of flower along the street is indeed something extraordinary; humiliating to be exact. There goes all my ego and my pride; to the gutter. Even in this state of chaos, there is some aunty who cheers for me. Thanks aunty!!

To be honest, till now I still don’t understand why I’m willing to take all the risk and the probability of being tease or even critic by my friends; especially you-know-who. Then why I still continue? Maybe it’s really worth a try or maybe I just love her too much.

But I can assure you that it’ll worth all the tease and humiliation, when she smiles. Hopefully she will. Wish me luck, on the way now.

P/S: Happy Birthday Mum.

No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box