Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mountain Conquering


“Mountain Conquering” sound pretty impressive huh? Well it’s indeed a little mountain voyage for me; not a huge one though. The term “Mountain Conquering” does sound like I was going to triumph over Mount Everest.

Gua Cenderawasih, was originally a small recreation park located near Dewan 2020; with just only a few human-excavate caves; nothing much besides EMPTY CAVES. Not far from there, there is a children playground by days and adult playground by night; not to mention that there are also some great spot for picnicking.

“All the way up?” I dared my buddy as I saw the human-made stairs which lead to the top of the Gua Cenderawasih. Now, it’s not advisable for old folks to hike this mountain, as the stairs provided are extremely narrow and wickedly aslant; it’s like 45 degree all the way up. Apart from that, there are only 2 resting spot along the journey to the top; unless you willing to take the weight off your feet on the stairs. For those who really interested to conquer Gua Cenderawasih, do remember to bring adequate amount of water and don’t ever hike a mountain with jeans; believe me, you’ll regret BIG TIME if you do wear jeans; extra force is needed just to stretch your legs or made a step.

As I was hiking, the journey to the top is tremendously tiring; no doubt Gua Cenderawasih is just like a miniature of Mount Kinabalu, but it’s undeniably tiring. As I proceed, the roads are becoming more and more difficult; yet the thrill to touch down at the top was tempting. I reached the first resting point about 20 minutes later and the second resting point with the same duration as the first one; at that moment I have no idea what lies ahead of me; maybe it takes a few more hours before I can reached the top. Frankly speaking, I was extremely exhausted at that time; the extra few hours of hiking will indeed killing me. My buddies already start giving up and start to blame each others about whose stupid idea to hike with a stomach full of foods. The state of affairs is exceedingly tense at that time, nevertheless I insist to move on. Just after a few steps of stairs, surprisingly I reached the top; no one expect the second resting place to build so near the top of the mountain.


The scenery there was really breath taking; my buddies are speechless once we reached the top; no more blameworthiness, just plain mesmerized by the scenery. I never realize how green is Perlis until I really seen it myself. Perlis is indeed a very green peaceful country. You can actually counts the number of high buildings or the number of cars in Perlis; how peaceful. For those who want to escape from a peaceful environment to a more peaceful environment in Perlis; do give a thought about Gua Cenderawasih. Going down Gua Cenderawasih was indeed much easier than climbing up.


As I was going down, I begins to wonder “what happen if I really quit half way?” Then I’ll miss all the scenery, wasted my beautiful morning and never had experience the taste of victory for overcome another obstacle. We never know how fragile one thing is unless we take risk to test it; same apply to life, we never know how what’s happiness unless we take risk to seek for it. Building a relationship does need times as climbing up to the top, nonetheless crushing a relationship is as easy as going down the mountain. Pain, cries and sad are intermediary, but wound, scratches and scar last forever.

No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box