Saturday, January 24, 2009

And No-one Else


Usually but not always, I am among the early bird that leave the nest. Yet somehow there is always an exception for every ‘usually’. Due to some unavoidable reason, for the very first time; I’m staying at Wang Ulu unaccompanied; at least without many of my friends. Well I’m just going home a day later than most of the people here; a day might be rather tiny for you all. Still it bring a major different to me; indeed a real eye opening for me.

It’s actually kind of fun to be able to experience such thing; well to be forthright, it’s not an everyday-can-experience matter. I’m pretty sure most of you don’t get the chance to witness this; so I planned to carve up some of my observation here. “Out of ordinary!!” that’s the only remark I can give. Ever signing in your messenger; finding merely three persons online? Ever walking down the stairs to the RO water machine and the only thing u heard is the echoes of your own footstep?


”Spooky huh?” by and large there will be for sure other people who shared the stairs; some rushing back to their room like never before whereas some just taking their honeymoon sweet time walking up and down this set of steps. The whole Wang Ulu is completely shut down even before midnight; not even a sound. Normally there are people shouting their monkey business around, nocturnal sport addict playing their sport right after midnight, mobile-phone-receiver who nomadic around Wang Ulu to search out for a better cell reception and of courses the couples.


After refilling a few bottles, I intentionally take the main road back to my room; just to feel the atmosphere there. Not to be surprise at all, the street was truly ‘asleep’; no one roving around and not even the noise of bus engine. The ambiance was indeed gloomy, dismal, and of all the sudden lonesomeness environs me, then I realize that was my life before I know any friends here. Day by day facing the concrete wall and locked myself in this rock-solid room; that was a pathetic life.


Sometimes, I do hope that everyone went home in order for me to wholly utilize the internet, no need to wait for foods, dominant the TV room and so on. Now I entirely conquering the facilities here, nevertheless what’s the point of that, if everyone is not here to share the joy?

No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box