Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yours Special Occasion


The clock was ticking slowly as my watch’s millisecond was running fast. Time seems to be frozen and sleepiness had been haunting me for the last few hours. It had been a real tiring day for me. As I was sitting on my bed, almost a few times I felt asleep. Nevertheless I had to stay strong; couldn’t collapse on this out of the ordinary day. Not planning to reiterate last year mistake; therefore I hunt for more coffee. “What? Is this a joke...” just after I opened my closet; I realized I’m out of coffee. There goes my only awakening potion; my caffeine drug.

I had been putting up memo, setting up reminder and asked my friend to remind me on this special occasion. Not that I’ll forget, it’s for the sake of precaution; with the intention that I don’t miss such day. As I was staring at the ceiling, my eyes felt heavy, my sight was buried, and Mr. Peter Pans is welcoming me to his dream world. “Not in a millions!!” swiftly I bound off of my bed; thinking that perhaps a walk might be revitalizing. Without shilly-shallying, I run towards the nearby basketball court; not really a basketball court, it’s more like a badminton court with basketball stand. Anyhow, I had a game there. My watch is showing 2200.


As I was playing, I relentlessly looking at my watch; trying to grasp a glance at the time more than I try to grasp a breath. Time does hasten when one is having fun; and it was already 2350. Another 5 minutes has passed for me to run all the way up and reach my phone. Followed by rushing back to the basketball court; as the signal is better there. My watch is showing 2355; perfect timing.


At the end of the day, I managed to celebrate this special occasion with her. Although I wasn’t around her at that time, but that make no different at that moment. After a long chat; I couldn’t help not to collapse as soon as I reached my bed. It was indeed a real tiring day, yet a chuckle or two can be seen on my face; for the reason that I remembered her special occasion.

No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box