Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Promises


“I know la..You can take my word la. Yes la..I promise to call. I will call la

That was the last thing I did on that night before I dozed off. Well, things are getting extremely crammed this semester if judging against my previous semester, so don’t be surprise that sleeping has become our first priority, above anything else. Many of my course mate or in fact most of the university students tends to do their assignment last minutes. It’s has been a norm among the university student, if truth to be told a culture to most of us.

I myself am among those last-minute-samurai; we take pleasure in ourselves to the optimal before taking a grave, misery and torturing of hours to complete most of our tasks. Well, samurai suit us the best as death is the only path for us if we couldn’t finish our tasks. Laugh at us you may, I won’t blame you because you don’t understand how serious my situation is. Let me just do the math for you.

5 labs per week = 5*labs reports per week/7days = 0.7142857143 reports per day

No big deal right? Just do 0.7142857143 reports and problem solved! But how about assignments and tutorials; starting this semester, maybe due to the EAC evaluation, my school is launching an "intensive-assignments-for-every-week-and-tutorial-for-every-now-and-then-so-that-we-can-pass-our-EAC-evaluation" campaign. It simply means that no matter what happen, we are surely to be assign on some tasks aka HOMEWORK. ‘Die die’ also lecturer will give you one or two assignments gela; yet tutorials not included.

Hence, 0.7142857143 reports per day + 2 assignments

And maybe because of this EAC evaluation, everything in my course need to be hand-written; yes by hand. Just imagine copying a quote from journal; the same exact freaking quote, the same exact long-winded theory, the same exact complicated formula, the same exact things that they said, and basically the same exact words. Isn’t because of this reason, Microsoft has invented the copy-and-paste? Laptop had become my new religion ever since my university life begin; and I had been worshiping copy-and-paste as my god for many semester but we aren’t allowed to anymore.

Therefore, (0.7142857143 reports per day + 2 assignments)*twice the effort without copy-paste

As I said, I’m always a last-minute-samurai; so imagine me doing the entire task for a week in the last day. Impossible! Usually it took me three days to finish it; there goes my Fantastic Friday, Sexy Saturday and Smashing Sunday.

That day was a Friday; starting with an early class, then proceed to my mini project assignment where I had to do all sort of test to my own ceramic baby, my Tamagochi. As a proud dad, I had been feeding my baby with water every day and night just to see the grain growth on her surface. After testing my baby, then here come my only free time; yet I used it for blogging. Now here come the real torturing, imagine me doing 1/3 of (0.7142857143 reports per day + 2 assignments)*twice the effort without copy-paste; right after a blog and Tamagochi session. That’s for sure exhausting and I’m totally out of energy. Yes! O-U-T!

Yet, I still waited to the very end of the days. Enduring the tiredness, combating the sleepiness; I had been staying away from my bed fighting its temptation, sitting far away doing my assignments till 12.30 am; finally here come the Hotlink Super Saver time; RM3 for half an hour; WORTH! As I wanted to reach my phone; coincidentally but sadly, there come the THREE messages scolding me for forgetting my promise. Speechless!

I’d really wanted to make that call, sincerely; but it just never reaches you.

I never forget my promises, I can assure you that.

No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box