Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rush Minute

Ever heard of “Rush Hour”; a race against time with all sort of exploding non-stop action? Now in reality, that might happen, well bombing is kind of atypical here and ass kicking hero isn’t always at hand (Face it people! Jackie Chan is just another Hollywood superstar). As the title “Rush Minute” just about explains the whole thing, as hour is forever superior to minute, accordingly we require tuning down the bombing and ass kicking to suit our title “minute”. Well they do have something in common, lot of ACTION; trust me, when I say action it mean more than undergo a full game of basketball without substitution.

Waking up at 0845 is something hale and hearty; indeed a very appropriate time to start your morning, so what the fuss? Well nothing seem wrong, but let’s just restructure the whole sentences. Waking up at 0845 with a 0900 bus to catch is no doubt something creepy; so aware of the creepiness? What left for me is another 15 minutes to rush to the bus station; a regular trip from my house to the bus station would take at least 15 minutes. Yet I still manage to get on the bus; till now I still can’t help myself to wonder “how the heck I did it?

With a telephone call about 0845 from her, it wakes me up; to be frank, it only wakes half of me up. My mum was yelling here and there, pushing me toward the toilet, throwing all my cloth at me; my bro was rushing here and there helping me to pack my laptop; my dad was mumbling here and there, walking towards the toilet with a newspaper in his hand; and my dog was barking here and there with all joy and excitement, maybe it’s the first time for my dog to see all the family members wake up way earlier than usual.

Planning to go for a toilet trip then for some tooth brushing, even so I immediately get a shout from my mum: “Hurry! Go at once or NEVER”; well I don’t seem to have any other option if I still wanted to catch the bus. Honestly, I do have a thought about taking the afternoon bus but on this festive season; chances of getting a ticket is slighter than for me catching this bus. So I sticks with my original plan; RUSH!

With barely 10 minutes left, I jumped into her car, started the engine and here come the real action; accelerating down the road with I-don’t-even-realize-freaking-fast speed, hitting the corner where I-can’t-distinguish-brake-or-no-brake condition; it doesn’t matter as it nearly as good as a drift, and best of all I’m still half awake. All these only worth when I make it to the bus (which already waited for another 5 minutes). Not an anticipating experience, yet it somehow make me realize that the world not going to wait for you, it’s always the other way round.

A terrible sorry to her for not be able to keep her accompanied, a thousand thanks to her for sending me to the bus station. And of course, thank you my coursemate for stopping the bus for me; indeed a very heroine act of you two.

Is that true that Rabbit will get lucky in the year of Cow? Hopefully, well it seems like a good start.

No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box