Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hardest Question

Just reached Ipoh this evening, not that I hate to come back to my hometown but the journey back is just too boring. Just imagine four hours (or maybe more) of journey without anyone to talk to and without entertainments; the only thing to do is staring at the never ending window scenery: plain trees and never-ending cars panorama. Anyhow what really matter is that I reached Ipoh safely.

Hello Ipoh! I’m back!

Today, it will be a new experience for me as I’ll be buying my own bus ticket, checking on my university holiday on my own and most probably going back Ipoh alone; but there’s no one to blame, because that suppose to be my duty from the start. Just that I’m too rely on someone. Anyhow, as usual I’ll be taking a cab back to my house. I went to the taxi stand and ask for a cab, and they gave me a mid 50s years old Chinese driver. They called him Uncle Chong.

My journey back was indeed an interesting one because Uncle Chong is there to entertain me; more like digging up information from me. Although this journey is only seven kilometers (or maybe less), but Uncle Chong is able to freeze time. He makes my journey double long. Yes! Freaking double long!

Anyhow, below is our conversation:

After I put my luggage in the back of the cab,

Uncle Chong: So, you just came back?
Mels: Yes, from Perlis. *obviously* (Hello, that’s why I bring my luggage)
Uncle Chong: What’re you doing there?
Mels: Studying.
Uncle Chong: That UUP?
Mels: No, Uncle. It’s UniMAP.
Uncle Chong: So you ‘kena’ already?
Mels: Huh?
Uncle Chong: H1N1 la.
Mels: No la.
Uncle Chong: Then why you came back?!
Mels: (I was going to answer “What your problem?” but) Holiday la, Uncle.
Uncle Chong: So you’re still studying huh?
Mels: Yes, Engineering.
Uncle Chong: So is it hard studying?
Mels: Erm…it’s depend, if less assignments and report, then it’s not that hard.
Uncle Chong: If with assignment and report, then is that hard?
Mels: Yeah.
Uncle Chong: What so hard reading a book? I let you drive my cab and you let me study. How’s that?
Mels: … (I did SPM and STPM but I really don’t know how to answer his question)

I don’t know whether Uncle Chong is trying to tease me or advise me, but from the tone of his; it’s more like he still want to study or he is looking for a successor in his cab driving career. But if you're looking for a successor, no thanks cause I'm one hellish bad driver.

Anyway thanks Uncle Chong, at least it rings a bell in me. I’ll study harder. *cross-finger?*

No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box