Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hair-Cut-The-Crap

This agenda took place in one of the famous hair salon in my hometown. No doubt, the hair cut there is superb, the service is nice, the place is lively; no wonder they’re so popular in Ipoh. Every time I went there, it’s a norm for me to wait for half an hour or more. Undeniably, this is a good hair cut place.

That day was a lucky day for me, the ace in that salon is going to do my hair; I was actually screaming out of joy in my heart. A senior professional haircut for the price of normal haircut, nevertheless it’s too early for me to feel the joy. That ace is one of the most kepoh guys I ever met; jam-packed with nosiness and curiosity. I salute you.

Below are the conversations that take place in the salon. But I warn you, it’s going to be an extremely BORING conversation.

Ace: Lengchai, cut?
Mels: Yea
Ace: Long or short?
Mels: Long but can you trim the fringe, don’t want that long la
Ace: Ok, you want to wash?
Mels: Erm…can I skip the washing?
Ace: Sure
Mels: Thanks
Ace: Going movie ar later?
Mels: Just after movie, need to go dinner soon
Ace: Oh…what movie?
Mels: Ice Age 3 (I was praying that he won’t ask me more about that movie)
Ace: …
Mels: (Thanks god)
Ace: So how’s the Squirrel?
Mels: (!@#$%^&*) Still chasing nuts *fake chuckle*
Ace: *fake chuckle*
Mels: …
Ace: …

I was so glad that finally no more talking; even so that moment of silent only lasts about 15 seconds before his second assault.

Ace: You work where?
Mels: I’m still studying (here he come again)
Ace: Study can keep hair so long one meh? Keep beard somemore
Mels: They didn’t check so often one
Ace: Study where?
Mels: Perlis
Ace: Where?
Mels: Perlis, UniMAP.
Ace: Oh… that polytechnic (he assumes he knows)
Mels: No, it’s a University
Ace: Got cert or not (he’s asking whether government approved my University or not)
Mels: Sure got la, it’s a local University
Ace: Oh… I know which University already (he assumes he knows again)
Mels: *fake smile* (Concentrate on my hair not talking!!)
Ace: How’s Penang?
Mels: Huh?
Ace: Your University not in Penang meh? (he assumes he knows again)
Mels: No, Perlis
Ace: Where?
Mels: *feeling a little pissed off*
Ace: Where jek? (cannot tahan)
Mels: It’s a Thailand University *fake smile*
Ace: Oh
Mels: …
Ace: Sawadi kap bla bla bla (some Thai greeting)
Mels: *really pissed off*
Ace: Sawadi kap bla bla bla (continue with his Thai crap)
Mels: Actually hor, I already graduate *very fake smile or barely can smile*
Ace: …



Ace: Work where?
Mels: … (almost whack the fella)

I didn’t reply any of his questions after that because I know he won’t stop if I keep on answering him; feeding his curiosity. End up I have the longest haircut in my life. Which part of “I need to go dinner soon” that he don’t understand, senior hairstylist my ass!!

I have a good hair cut though.


Melly Monkey's Chat Box