Saturday, July 11, 2009

Initially UniMAP 2

Fire extinguisher: Information below is based on my personal experience and infinitesimal knowledge. Please forgive any of my misleading information (if any).

WHOA! I don’t know that my crappy lousy blog can actually helps people; especially those new UniMAP students. That’s surely something new for me; thank you my reader, suxin (you inspired me to write this blog). If you’re reading this, here is some of the information regarding your new University.

Furthermore I promised some of my readers *cough* you-know-who *cough* that I’ll write more about UniMAP. So, suxin; I hope the information below can be handy for you.

UniMAP is indeed a new university; a toddler of Malaysia University. Therefore it’s common for people not knowing your University. Trust me; you’ll have difficulties in explaining to your aunty uncle, your neighbor, and maybe your senior hairstylist regarding UniMAP.
Here is what that might be running in their head when you tell them…
“I’m studying in UniMAP, Perlis”

1. They thought of a polytechnic.
2. They thought of a private college.
3. They thought of a tuition centre.
4. They thought of nothing.

After your explanation, most probably they will have a very doubtful and puzzled feedback; normally you can see that clearly on their face. Then when you further explain to them…
“It’s known as KUKUM last time”
They will think that:

1. It’s a new University; maybe built last night when they’re asleep.
2. You get into a Thailand University and obviously you have no sense of geography.
3. It’s not a University; it’s a working place or a factory.
4. It didn’t exist, you're making up story.

How do you feel now, suxin? Pathetic huh?

But bear in mind, you’re talking to those aunty uncle, neighbor or hairstylist whom is no way near your engineering profession; it’s customary that they don’t know about it.
Try talking to engineers or maybe to the industry:
“I graduated from UniMAP”

1. They know that it’s an engineering based University which proven that it’s capable of producing numerous of fast adapt to the industry engineer. Why? Because in UniMAP we put the theory to use in industry application; we actually know how to operate most of the industry machine long before we graduate.

2. They know that students of UniMAP excel academically and practically. Why? Because in UniMAP we are trained to not only knowing the theory but we are also required to know how to apply it realistically.

3. They know that UniMAP is the first and only University in Malaysia that has a ‘clean room’; those billion-dollars-dustless-vacuum-semiconductor room. Only huge semiconductor companies like Intel, Motorola and Texas Instrument have this ‘clean room’. Why? Because we are trained to blend in the industry even before we graduate; when other university students only heard about this ‘clean room’, we already start break-dancing in it.

4. They know that UniMAP students have the upper hand in many soft skills: mainly communication skill, leadership skill, entrepreneur skill and so on.

5. UniMAP students are recognized world-wide.

suxin, I’m in no doubt that UniMAP will change your perspective of university life; as it changes mine. Hopefully the information can answer some of your inquiries.

Man, UniMAP should pay me for this blog; at least reduce my fees for this semester.


4 comments:

Angeline said...

*boo* haha...

was on blog search searching for my name and once again I land myseld on ur blog with a post attentioned to me (what an honour). haha. you BOLD my name summore.
GENG TO THE MAXIMUM !..
Well i'm here already ... and well , my first impression of this place is er,wow so paddie-ish! and no entertainment at all. but after my baktisiswa programme I am begining to settle down quiet well accepting the fact i'll be here with the rest of my peers and friends for the next 3 years.one of my biggest problems is food... everything seem so spicy and oily.but i believe I can get use to it all...time is all I need..nice place to rehabilitate myself from being a shopping addict.. I'm staying at wang ulu by the way ! and one more, no blog post is crapy or lousy !... i'm an avid blogger myself.

Suxin

MellyMonkeys said...

Hey suxin,
i'm in Wang Ulu as well..try search my skype with my blog address.

ain j said...

Whoaa !!!
What a splendid thought. Nice :)

Unknown said...

Wahhh!! :p Nice :)

Melly Monkey's Chat Box