Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Mission Impossible

I’m pretty sure you guys watched Mission Impossible, those nearly “no-way-man-can-do” action movie starring all-time women favorite, Tom Cruise. It’s indeed an extremely explosive action film with all sort of futuristic gadgets that you’ll never envisage. But face it man! You can’t even open your door without your key; how the heck would Tom enter this first-class-priority-highly-guarded-heavily-armed *grasp grasp* super-high-technology building without even leaving his footprints? Well that’s movie and in movie, everything possible.

Today was quite a mission impossible day for me as I woke up late (again). My hand phone showing it was 0809 and the bus is off in another 20 minutes or so. That is the beginning of my mission impossible story. My mission is to get to the class (without being late (again)); my obstacle is obviously the time.

My brain is running abnormally fast at that time, not even AMD or Intel chipset can compete with the speed of my brain at that instance. I have everything planned in just a split second, I’ll use my first 4.55 minutes to brush my teeth and wash my face. Then another 5.32 minutes for toilet use and another 3.17 minutes to get my cloth on with grooming. That will leave me another 6.96 minutes to get to my shoe and run straight to the bus. I was overwhelmed by how my brain works; I even start to wonder if I really make full use of my brain, will it beat Einstein’s one?

Anyhow, just right after I wore my shoe, I snatched my bag and jacket without look. Then I quickly rushed down my stair. I was pushing other peoples to the side as I was going down the stair; those people are really pissed off. But I got to do what I got to do; which is save the world get to the bus. It was like a marathon race once I set my feet down the main road. I ran all the way without stop, grasp every gulp of air I could, ignoring exhaustion and fatigue, and all I recalled is me running like those Olympic 400metre hurdler: jumping madly over drain, pipe, cat and fence. Once again I was amazed; I didn’t realize that I had this kind of sportsman stamina.

I managed to get on the bus. However it was the last bus, meaning I’ll be most probably 5-10 minutes late. On usual day, I’ll just let it be or give my lecturer some strong excuses; mainly bus run out of diesel, I help someone in need on the way, I send my wife to work before I got there, my cow was giving birth or simply I woke up late. Nevertheless, today is my mission impossible day. I told myself that I would make it; not even a second late.

The bus was on time, it reached Kubang Gajah at 0856. From there I need to walk about six minutes to get to my lecture hall and that would be a ‘LATE’ for me. “I will make it in three” that’s what I told myself, foolishly. I run with all my might, taking the nearest road and turning in every shortcut I remembered. As I reach the lecture hall, everything starts to moves in slow motion. Yet I still have time to glimpse at my hand phone. It was 0858 and I knew that I already made it.

The joy of it, the triumph of it and the taste of satisfactory is indescribable. Just like when Tom finally break in and out of this first-class-priority-highly-guarded-heavily-armed-super *grasp grasp* high-technology building. Sincerely I like this winning feeling.

The joy of it just bring me into another level, I was on top of my world. I was going to scream but I was just too embarrassed to do it in front of ostriches. Nonetheless frankly speaking, I already shouted out of triumph in my heart “YATTA!!” like what Hiro Nakamura did in Heroes 3.

I opened the lecture hall door and people are having exams. I was stunned. I hurriedly phone my friend to confirm.

Mels: Where are you now?
Friend: My room.
Mels: What? I’m already here.
Friend: Huh? But class start at ten la.

I look at my hand phone again, it shows nine o’clock sharp.

Mels: Great! I’m one hour early.
Friend: *obviously laughing*

No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box