Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kedah Trip (Part Two)

I had to admit that I uploaded it a little bit late, but I still remember my promise (at least I still upload it right?). As I promised, here comes part two of my Kedah trip.

After lunch, we with so much hope waiting our Kedah friend to turn up (the one I texted early on), but he actually say “I’m still busy, might not be able to see you guys”. We actually feel kind of disappointment, although we had already expected it. Things are surely merry-joyous with him around but he’s busy. Too bad we couldn’t share that merry-joyous with him. So this four travelers decided to explore the city of Alor Setar on their own.

Well, we always wanted to hear Lbs sing, her voice is said to be more mesmerizing than the voice of mermaid, her pitch is said to be so controlled like a 24 hours ATM machine, her singing is said to be unpolluted like an angel and somewhat remind people of heaven, and her singing is said to revive the dead and purges evil. It may sound absurdly ridiculous but that’s the tale which been spreading ever since a man accidentally heard her singing in some lecture hall, and thought he’s in heaven for that particular moment. That’s why we must cherish this opportunity; to make her sing.

Our first stop would be E-box in Alor Setar Mall, rumor to be the best place to karaoke in Kedah; unless you want to sing in some one dollar per song singing box. We pay twelve buck taxi to get there from McD. Alas, the charge of E-box is nothing but ‘chop’ my arm and leg extremely extravagant which unaffordable by poor students like us. Regretfully we have to abandon the idea of hearing Lbs sing. Bb insisted to pay at first, but after a long analysis and persuasion by Mr.K, we forfeited the plan. We went into video arcade instead.

Now, there's also rumor that Lbs is famous for gaming especially fighting game. Rumor said that she is the first woman champion for World Fighting Game; an international prestige tournament.

“I’m so lucky to watch her play” I thought to myself before watching her play. Calmly she walk to the corner of the arcade where all the Pro gather, she then graze at the machine; Tekken 3. She sits down and wave her hand signifying that she wanted a coin. “She asked for a coin!” I run and shouted joyfully, she then inserts the coin to the machine; challenging a brat halves her size and age, no matter how I look at him, he’s just another nursery school kid. The game started, Lbs picked the best out of her army and get ready to fight. She’s in the battle mode, she turn the joystick vigorously and pressing the button like a mad cow. Often saliva can be observed coming out of her mouth, she jump she kick she almost break the machine.

K.O

The first and second match ended quickly, it was an easy match; in fact almost true to say that the game favors one side, it wasn’t a fair game from the start. The game favors the brat.

“WHAT!!?”

Yes the game favors the brat. Lbs lose the first and second matches to a brat; a nursery school kid to be precise. Yes Lbs lose, the so called first woman to win the World Fighting Game. She loses two games straight to a kid.

“That kid must be the new fighting game master” I thought again. “Even better than the champs, must be some underground gaming clan's apprentice” (once again, I think too much) I still couldn’t accept the fact that Lbs lose. For the third match, Lbs already put a give up look and passed the game to me.

Frankly speaking, I was trembling, cold feet, and sweating like a wet pig; I nearly couldn’t feel the joystick because my hand was all numb. Nonetheless, I proceed with all the courage left, challenging the new game demon; a brat. The character that Lbs choose was so hard to control (champs often pick the most challenging hero), that even lower my possibility of winning over this game demon. All I know is punch and kick, the super basic in fighting game. Nevertheless in the end, I win.

“WHAT? I WON”

Yes I won, I couldn’t believe my eye; “It was luck, it was plain luck” I convincing myself and pull myself together for the next match. And guess what?

I WIN AGAIN

Legendary World Fighting Champion my ass. With just punch and kick, I win but there’s nothing to proud of by beating a nursery school kid. Then I look at Lbs, and she say “I play better with PS controller”.

“YOU’RE RIGHT!”

That’s when I start to believe that ‘rumor mend to be rumor until it’s proven’. That’s when I started to doubt her singing ability as well.

To be continued…


2 comments:

Unknown said...

stil got chance 2 listen 4 Lbs singing de...patiently wait it...

MellyMonkeys said...

Listen already miss Bb, what more can i say about her singing..as predicted!

Melly Monkey's Chat Box