Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Hate Cough

Maybe due to my unhealthy diet or lack of water intake, I got a terrible sore throat and cough.

Sore throat for me is just a small matter because from my experience this sore throat will be gone after a day or two. However, this time, my sore throat last for a week. I’m already one week vegetarian! I miss KFC, I miss fried rice, fried mushroom and spicy tom yam. This whole week had been a hell for me; everything I eat must plain and ordinary, so plain that I almost taste nothing.

Nonetheless for those who know me well, I don't play by the rules. The doctor say “No fried rice” but I still eat fried rice. The doctor say “No cold drink” but I still take it. Basically I just follow half what the doctor said. I admit I’m extremly weak toward temptation. No wonder my sore throat last a week hor? *giggle*

It’s not that I purposely want to ignore the doctor advice, but there's no other option. It’s the fasting season, that’s simply means that no food until evening. Like yesterday for instance, I woke up late and miss the bus to town, so I have to cook my own lunch. But once I open my closet, there are only:

1. Cup Noodle (curry)- Spicy; bad for sorethroat
2. Biscuit- Solid-Hard; bad for sorethroat
3. Twisties- Junk food; bad for sorethroat

Now, you see! I have no choice, but to take the curry cup noodle; the most promising choice to entirely satisfy my hunger and eventually buy me a ticket to more terrible sore throat.

What irritated me the most is not sore throat; it’s cough. I hate it! Every time I try talk, I cough. For instance that day I was telling joke, everybody was so concentrating. When it almost reach the climax of the joke, I was thinking to myself that “It’s going to be best joke ever”, then guess what? I cough!

“And the princess *cough* *cough* and
the prince *cough* *cough* and then *cough*;
Funny huh?”

Everyone is giving me a cold stare, no laughter at all., just plain cold stare Who is going to laugh when they don’t even get what are you trying to tell. Pathetic! Because of that I mastered a new skill specially to deal with this coughing problem. Now, everyone understand me well just before I cough. Therefore I must speak the entire story before I cough. I think I mastered it quite well. That day my friend was asking me about the experiment we did.

Friend: Eh the experiment how ar?
Mels: Erh..erm..i think..erh..hmmm..(but as soon as I sense the cough coming) Youderivetheequation fromtheformulagiveninthemanual andputatabletothedata *cough*
Friend: What was that!
Mels: *cough*

Darn! I mastered another useless skill.


No comments:

Melly Monkey's Chat Box